Online users are very meticulous. If you wish to start an online business or to monetise your blog, then the first thing to achieve is the trust of your visitors. It is important that you establish good rapport with them so they are confident that your website is legit and trustworthy. In this article, we will share some tips on how to gain your visitors’ trust and eventually loyalty and support.
The pressure is fairly high especially for new websites. Of course, you cannot blame online users if they will do some investigation and observation on whether they can trust your website or not. So here are some of the things you should do to make sure that they will:
- Use reliable and fast hosting service –there are different types of hosting services and it is important to choose the one that’s most suited for your business.You can choose from shared, VPS, dedicated server hosting or others. Whatever type you choose, you must make sure that it is fast, low to zero down time and of course, it is important that they have 24/7 support team to assist you in case you encounter issue.
- Have an SSL certificate – it is also great to have SSL certificate to assure your users that all traffic between their web browser and your website is completely secured.
- List down all contact details where they can reach you –first time users usually check out the Contact Us page to know if owner or admin can easily be contacted. This is especially true for e-commerce sites. Users can be skeptical so you should make them feel secured. List down your contact details including phone number, email address, office address and other means to reach you.
- Have a comprehensive About Us page –write a complete About Us page that explains who you are including your company’s mission and vision.
- Make sure to reply to questions within 24 hours –it is also common for users to post questions when they first encounter a site they are interested in so be sure to respond as soon as possible. Users do not want to feel ignored.
- Publish relevant and high quality content regularly –you should make it a practice to post regularly and be sure to publish only relevant and high quality content. Having fresh contents at least twice a week will invitemore traffic to your site. Also, this gives them impression that the site is well-maintained and not like others that have the same pages for many months.
- Have a Live Chat support –if you are selling products or services, it would be great to have a Live Chat support feature on your page that users can contact for quick questions. This is a nice touch that online users will definitely appreciate. It shows how you care for your customers’ welfare.
Once you received the most-coveted trust of online users, not only your website traffic will increase but eventually your sales too. It is important to always keep your visitors happy and satisfied.